This course is recommended for mechanical engineers and is optional for architects, lighting designers, electrical engineers, building inspectors, construction contractors, and energy performance specialists.
On completion of the course, you should be able to:
- Explain how to use HVAC system equipment efficiency tables.
- Define terms and abbreviations contained within the HVAC equipment efficiency tables.
- Explain how to include centrifugal chillers with non-standard conditions.
- Describe when load calculations are required and list what information is needed.
- Explain how to determine requirements for zone thermostats and off-hour controls including set backs, optimum start, and zone isolation.
- List ventilation system controls.
- List high occupancy ventilation control strategies.