This course is for those seeking a MA Temporary Permit to operate a Mini-Excavator ONLY through an approved ARAM Rental Facility. The MA Temporary Permit is a non-renewable permit issued to operate Compact Hoisting Machinery, which is Hoisting Machinery with a manufacturer’s listed gross vehicle weight not exceeding 8,000 lbs. Hoisting Machinery that requires a Class 1, Class 3 ,or Class 4 Hoisting Machinery License, as listed in 520 CMR 6.10, are excluded. Permits have a duration of 14 days, and may ONLY be issued for rented equipment from approved ARAM Rental Facilities. Click here to find an approved ARAM Rental Facility.
Rules for Temporary Permits:
- The temporary permit is valid for 14 consecutive days only
- No person shall be issued more than one (1) temporary permit in a 45-day period
- Temporary permits may include all three equipment types, as long as they fall within the 14 day period
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver's license to operate a motor vehicle
Process of obtaining a Temporary Permit:
- Before you begin the course, you must obtain a rental store code from an approved ARAM Rental Facility. If you do not have one, contact your rental facility, or click here to find an approved ARAM Rental Facility.
- The online course can be taken at any time, and may be completed at your leisure.
- Upon completion of the course, you will be prompted to submit your rental store code. Shortly after, you will receive your certificate via email.
- Many of the fields on your certificate will be left blank. This is intentional, as the rental facility will complete the certificate on site.